nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit plant

  • From: BTCJOHNSTONE@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit plant
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:17:57 EST

I came across a website that may be a lot of fun for Nafex members. it is www.ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/propagation/grafting.html . The focus is on asexual plant propagation, including a simple recipe for home tissue culture. I also use a book called "Plants From Test Tubes" by Lydiane Kyte and John Kleyn which sells for approximately $26 Canadian on any of the online booksellers. I found out that tissue culture is neither expensive or complicated. The only hard part was finding inositol in small quantities at a health store as suggested in the web-site because, being Vancouver, it turns out that the local drug dealers need large bottles to cut cocaine. The owner of the store was intrigued by the idea of inositol actually being used for something productive!!!

Never stop learning.