nafex - Re: [NAFEX] HELP- late arrival of bare root hazelnut plants-zone 5!

  • From: "Dianne Stephany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] HELP- late arrival of bare root hazelnut plants-zone 5!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:17:37 -0500

Bruce wrote:  Wrap the pot in plastic and place them in the garage.

I have the roots soaking in cold water and the pot ready.
By "wrap the pot in plastic"-  put the pot part in a garbage bag and wrap it loosely around the the pot, leaving the dirt and plants exposed?  or putting the whole thing in a garbage bag and tying the opening closed?

Do I need to watch if the garage gets below a certain temperature and move the plants temporarily inside?
And I probably won't have to water again till I start moving them outside, right? (that's what the plastic is for, to prevent water loss?)
Thanks!

---