nafex - [NAFEX] late arrival of bare root hazelnut plants-zone 5!

  • From: "Dean Kreutzer" <deankreutzer@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] late arrival of bare root hazelnut plants-zone 5!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:00:12 -0600

Hi Diane,

I have about 800 plants in pots that I am overwintering in my insulated shop. Roots can definately survive freezing temperatures, as they do in the frozen ground, but only to a point. Every type of plant is different, but I have a heater in my shop so the temperatures don't go below about 25F. They survive every year in their dormant state, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

Dean Kreutzer
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
USDA zone 3