nafex - Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] indoor citrus
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:31:17 -0500

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:38:10 -0800, you wrote:

>There are dwarfing rootstocks that can control plant size. Citrus are
>commonly grown and sold in containers in Southern California, but the
>long term growing of citrus in even a 15 gallon container will involve
>root pruning and repotting and a sun room or greenhouse.

I'm not sure you'd need an actual sun room or greenhouse.

I've grown citrus trees indoors (in the north) fairly long
term (five years or so), and they bore fruit. They were in
front of a large bay window. But you wouldn't have called
it a sun room.

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful