nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Legend, Myth Or Both?

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Legend, Myth Or Both?
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:02:06 +0000

Production & use of alcohol is pre-historic. A long time ago, humans figured out that water mixed with alcohol/fermented stuff led to over-all better health. Because alcohol plus bacteria-tained water plus an hour or so equals safer drinking water. Or to say, for a lot of our history, home brewing your own (or buying someone else's) was usually the only water treatment you had. Of course, drinking too much of the undiluted alcohol product would cause a whole bunch of other problems, which we still see today.