nafex - [NAFEX] persimmon flowers

  • From: Rondi Anderson <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] persimmon flowers
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:29:35 -0600

Yep, I got a whole bunch of males. My bees love them which I find very interesting.

So if I take cuttings from the female tree I should be able to get them to root and they'll stick to being female. There is also a number of female trees a couple miles away. Would it be a good idea to diversify? Can they be started now?

Oh, and is there an easy way to get the seeds out of the persimmon pulp?

And I noticed with the fruit I collected that some fruit had fewer seeds and it made me wonder when breeding/selecting seeds does one pick large fruit with their large seeds or the fruit with small size yet small and fewer seeds? What would be the wiser aim?

Rondi