nafex - [NAFEX] negative communications by individuals & Whether , male and female persimmons

  • From: Rondi Anderson <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] negative communications by individuals & Whether , male and female persimmons
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:16:19 -0600

Ok, I want to know this info to. I have a about 7 male trees and down a block there is a female tree that was really loaded this year.

Rondi
On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:43 AM, nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I also have a couple of stupid questions. First, the question which
originally lead me to this list. I have purchased a bundle of persimmon
trees, but only have room for 2 or 3 at the most at my home. I assume,
from what I have read, that I will need both a male and a female tree in
order to get fruit from the trees. Is there any way to tell which trees
are which before they have grown large enough to flower? I have one that
has been in the ground for 2 summers now and I still have not seen any
flowers, at least none large enough that I have noticed them yet. I hope
to take most of the other tress I have out to the country where I have 5
acres, but it would be nice to plant 1 more tree at home and get fruit
there as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I had not
considered grafting, as I never thought about it until I started reading
this list, but could that be a solution as well?

  • [NAFEX] negative communications by individuals & Whether , male and female persimmons, Rondi Anderson, 11/11/2004