nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmon flowers

  • From: David W Hausmann <wizard2468@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmon flowers
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:53:01 -0600

'Ello [Bad fake English accent][No offense meant], All!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So if I take cuttings from the female tree I should be able to get
them

to root
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will cuttings from persimmons root? Also, the garden guy on PBS
stated
that small willow twigs, about the diameter of your little finger, soaked
in water will produce a liquid that enhances root growth in cuttings.
Does anyone know if that works?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and they'll stick to being female.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will they stay female? One article I read said that persimmon trees can
have mainly female flowers but one or two branches of male flowers on the
same tree. True? Also, can persimmons be grafted so that you have both
on one tree?
Thank you for your time and expertize. Love, Peace and Perception

Wizard
Saint Louis, Missouri

Be Cooool!
Wizard2468