nafex - Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive 10' posts

  • From: RW Spalinger <rwspal@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive 10' posts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:00:12 -0500

On Sep 14, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

Hi,

Pounding steel posts is easy with the proper tool. It is a steel pipe that slides over the top of the steel post, about 3' long. It is weighted and capped at one end...

That T-post driver also has handles on the sides. Bought one a couple of years ago, and has been well worth it. Generally gets the post to the desired depth in a few strokes. Much better than a short handled sledge hammer. And, I don't miss the post, like I do after my arms get a bit tired from hammering.

RS