nafex - Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive 10' posts

  • From: RW Spalinger <rwspal@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive 10' posts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:45:43 -0500

On Sep 13, 2004, at 11:31 PM, NAFEX List wrote:

...Woven fence has some stability of its own, so no sag with that system.

I have to admit that 10' t-posts would definitely do the job, but pounding them in sounds like a challenge. Maybe dig a post hole and set with concrete?

Each corner has 4 t-posts (to make a rounded corner) set in concrete. The rest, about 12' apart are pounded into the ground with a t-post driver. Indeed, we took many breaks in between driving the 10' posts into the ground.

Randall S.