nafex - Re: [NAFEX] successful bud grafts / temperature

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] successful bud grafts / temperature
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:39:19 +0000

<
&gtOne of the tips the accomplished grafters gave me when teaching me
&gt;to do greenwood budding of nut trees, in July/Aug, was to prune out
&gt;the terminal bud - I'm presuming to remove apical dominance and
&gt;re-institute sapflow/growth, as referenced above.

I am still trying to get all this in my head straight.....If one stops the auxins from flowing south - won't it also cause the bud graft to leaf out - instead of waiting for the next year? Or is it rather a matter of distance (or number of rootstock buds) from the apical bud to the graft?, Del
Del Stubbs - ag zone2/3, where the weekends' frost toasted the squash, some grape leaves, and sweet corn, but heard it snowed north in Canada
Any computer folk know why my replies add a '&gt;' instead of a normal '<'?

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/