nafex - [NAFEX] hawthorn cola

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] hawthorn cola
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:12:28 -0700

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/crataegus.htm

The link above contains an article called "HAWTHORN (CRATAEGUS) FOOD AND
MEDICINE IN CHINA" by Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute
for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon. I found the article and
pictures to be informative and unlike anything I have seen on the web
related to the use of hawthorn fruit. It says that there is a factory
in Hebei Province called Chengde Qingsongling Beverage Group Company
that makes a cola drink flavored with hawthorn. That's unusual. Has
anyone tried this? I would like to get a six pack of this for my next
party.

Another interesting comment is ... "One production line produces a
liquid drink from the seed of hawthorn." I wasn't aware that hawthorn
seeds were edible. Can anyone fill me in on this?

Thanks,
Mark Lee, Seattle