nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan

  • From: "hector black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:58:56 -0500

We've also tasted those hawthorne snacks and enjoyed them.  I think they must be made from the Chinese hawthorne as we have several that have fruited a bit and the jam made from them is quite tasty and similar to the snack.
    Hector Black zone 6 middle TN
    PS  But so far, most of these Chinese trees have been quite susceptible to quince rust which deforms a lot of the fruit and forms galls on the branches.