nafex - [NAFEX] increase of the crabapple industry

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] increase of the crabapple industry
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:29:09 -0500

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • Subject: increase of the crabapple industry
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:22:37 -0500
Article about Ohio center leading the increase of the crabapple industry:

 Improvement in crabapple industry led from Ohio

I might add that a crabapple I found growing locally in a landscaped parking lot I am very excited about.   The dark-red apple can be eaten whole, the core is quite chewable;  I don't know if too many seeds is bad for health.   I hope some day to track down what variety it is.  I grow Northern Spy but this crabapple appears easier to grow in every way, both as a tree [it is QUITE dwarf and should need 3% of the pruning the Spy demands every year] but also as a fruit, requiring less spraying than the 'Spy.
Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts

--- End Message ---

  • [NAFEX] increase of the crabapple industry, Charles Paradise, 05/05/2004