nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 13:34:54 -0500

At 11:20 AM 5/5/2004 -0700, Mark wrote:

What do you get when you get when you mix a fruit sauce made of hawthorn pulp and sugar with peach juice, and then squeeze the slurry into wafers?

Mark,
Several years back, Donna Hudson sent me some dried Chinese hawthorn wafers - these may be readily available in Oriental groceries - I don't know - not even sure if we have one in town here, but I'll bet there are some just down the road around Ft. Campbell, as there's a sizeable Asian population there.  Anyway, the hawthorn wafers/leather were pretty tasty - sort of reminded me of dried C.mas pulp in both aroma and flavor.

Lucky