nafex - [NAFEX] pear phytotoxicity question

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pear phytotoxicity question
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 14:44:41 -0400

I sprayed my trees this weekend and three pear varieties got some serious
damage, being almost defoliated. The blackened ones are a Tate, Tyson, and a
branch of Bergamote d'Hiver on my quince. The Seckel tree and branches of
Winter Nelis and another French variety living on the quince weren't
bothered. Nor were the quince, my various plums and apples

The spray was a blend of Copper Soap (GardensAlive), Neem oil, and Bt, all at
label dilutions, plus 1/2 of the recommended growing season dilution of
Crocker's fish oil as a sticker-spreader. I frequently use this blend, with
the exception of the Bt, which I rarely use. Can Bt cause or contribute to
phytotoxicity?

Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile beyond Hartford, CT