nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape adventitious buds ?

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape adventitious buds ?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 23:35:28 +0000

Thanks, that is encouraging!!, I will bring the top root sections up to an inch or so from the soil line, rather than 6" down as I would have before, Del
Have been digging up nursery stock this warm week, but had to quit digging last years apple grafts today - as the top 2" of ground refroze on me last night.....

&gt;If only the bud below the soil line is alive, it will push. Just because
&gt;roots have come from a node doesn't mean that any buds there can't grow.
&gt;If there are buds above the soil line, they usually grow instead of the ones
&gt;belowground. Year-old rooted plants can push buds from below the soil line.
&gt;Unless removed, buds are always there, even after years of wood being laid
&gt;down over them. Cut off an old vine and buried buds will push from deep
&gt;inside the wood of the remaining part.
&gt;-Lon Rombough

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2 months! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&pgmarket=en-us&ST=1/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/