nafex - Re: [NAFEX] propagating prunus/Evans Cherry

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <BNikolai@shaw.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] propagating prunus/Evans Cherry
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:56:43 -0700

Del, I spoke with Dr. Evans today about your vole damage. In brief he says
your scions will not root and that it is very difficult to get new plants
with hardwood scions of Evans cherry. He says your damaged bushes should
resprout vigorously from the roots into many small plants that come up this
summer for you. You can then dig them up and plant wherever is best suited
for your orchard.
Bernie Nikolai
Edmonton, Alberta