nafex - [NAFEX] Sharpen Pruning Secateurs?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <NAFEX@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sharpen Pruning Secateurs?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:53:17 -0500

Hello All,

Up until last year I used inexpensive pruning shears. These
were the type that the blade came against the flat, bottom
cutting base. Last year I bought a moderatley priced pair
of bypass pruners (secateurs). They work great, but how do
you sharpen bypass pruners? They will last for years, and
could stand a touch-up sharpening now.

I assume that the same sharpening procedure would work for
bypass loppers as well.

It was never an issue in the past, for inexpesive pruners
usually broke before they went dull.

Thanks,
Tom
--