nafex - [NAFEX] stonefruit grafting

  • From: Bob Sorenson <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] stonefruit grafting
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:26:33 -0700

This is the 8th year I have somehow managed to not prepare to topwork my
manchurian apricot rootstocks. I have about 30 1"to 2" caliper.

Could I get an opinion from the experienced grafters on the best way to
propagate stonefruits.
I have not had much success with summer budding and in addition it seems
that budwood is much harder to get for me. My attempts at whip grafts and
cleft grafts on stonefruits have been pretty poor also.

Does anyone still have scionwood available for sale?

thanks in advance
Bob Sorenson