nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi and fungicides

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi and fungicides
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:31:56 -0600

Tom,

I googled the process you describe and leeks seem to be the way to go. Much easier than corn.

Commercial mycorrhizal cultures appear to have up to a dozen different species of mycorrizae, including the endo and ecto types.  Does leek culture allow you to multiply them all, or do leeks only serve as "host" for a few of them?

Thanks,
Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI