nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi and fungicides

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi and fungicides
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:22:12 +0000

I confess I've been using rotted log stuff (mostly pine, some oak) for potting media and potting media extender. It acts about like peatmoss, but w/o my worrying that I've just paid money to help destroy a peat bog, and w/o the worry about that fungal or bacterial disease which some batches of peatmoss had (have?) I haven't tried it as a mulch or soil feeder.