nafex - [NAFEX] Melons

  • From: Rondi Anderson <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Melons
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:28:38 -0600

Hey,

Do we cover this subject here? One of my kids is really into melons and this year she is trying to out do herself with the most and the best tasting. What is it that makes a sweet tasting melon? I am sure we have enough heat.

This year we have charantais, two canteloupe (Emerald Gem and Heart of Gold) and six watermelons( King and Queen,Scaley Bark, Extra Early Sugar Baby, Minnesota Midget, Blacktail Mountain and Criscross).

If anyone has experience with growing melons we would love any helpful tips on growing them.

Rondi