nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Flavor of Black Currants

  • From: "Mike Levine" <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Flavor of Black Currants
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:05:27 -0500

Is there any evidence that the nutritional/medicinal value of currants is
related to the aromatic compounds found in the plant? I was under the
understanding that what has definitely been determined is that it is the
pigments in them that are so good for you. Any research being done on the
aromatics? I'm really pleased with all the info folks have given about
disease resistant currants for fresh eating and high production. I've got
some great ideas to add to this year's list of plants. Thanks everyone!

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI
Zone 5b