nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple wood

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple wood
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:08:28 -0600

Art, it's possible that your "honey" pear might be a seedling, although it
might also be the Pyrus communis cultivar 'Seckel' or another pear developed
by the Univ. of Minnesota, 'Golden Spice' (which is known for its
adaptability to cold prairie regions).

Going by the tree's age, it is probably not