nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Prunus americana

  • From: "John Cruickshank" <heavensi@heavensi.cnc.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Prunus americana
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:50:11 -0700

Robert Scott,

I've done a few grafts of americana rootstocks (collected from the wild in
the hills of Colorado front range mtns) with Stanley (which I believe is a
european variety) and the graft union *explodes* into greaaaat knarly
growths above the union. It doesn't look promising for long term success.
I've got pictures if you need a look.

"There aren't any answers for me, only choices..." - JC

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

John Cruickshank, Going Concerns Unlimited
<<<Hobbit House>> Loveland CO
http://www.sunnyjohn.com
_/V\_
(o~o)
,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸oOOo~(_)~oOOo ,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
Check out the "Sunny John" - a Solar Powered
Moldering Toilet solution
(and much more!)