nafex - [NAFEX] Re: agrigel

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: agrigel
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:46:55 -0500

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 09:33 AM, Mark_Bugaieski@rlicorp.com wrote:

This product was originally developed right here in Peoria, IL at the USDA
Ag Lab. It was corn-based and completely safe (even edible). I don't know
if I'd trust what Pampers may have added to it. I do know some wholesale
nurseries use it as a slurry to dip roots into as they plant; but I've
never seen efficacy studies.

Mark

Fedco says it's "not allowed" for organic production. So there's probably something in it besides corn; though it may not be anything that's a problem for any reasons other than organic certification procedures. I believe that some things wound up "not allowed" just because the producer didn't want to go through the USDA process.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly