nafex - [NAFEX] water absorbing gel

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] water absorbing gel
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:50:38 -0800

I have been reading about the use of water absorbing polymer gels as a way
of helping plants through drought conditions. This material is similar to
what goes into disposable diapers that makes them so absorbant. We get alot
of rain in Seattle except in the summer. I would like to do an experiment
this summer to see if adding these polymer gel crystals to the soil will
help my raspberry plants get by with less watering during the dry summer
months.

I would be intersted in hearing about a good place to order water absorbing
polymer gel, and about any experiences growing fruit with the help of this
material.
-Mark Lee, Seattle