nafex - [NAFEX] Re Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees

  • From: ellen lewis <ariadne@post.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re Todd Ravitch's re-blooming trees
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:09:30 -0800

Has anyone had a stone fruit tree rebloom?

Here in berkeley ca with a very mild maritime climate but no rain all summer it is not uncommon to see trees rebloom. i don't water much and often my apples will rebloom after a good soaking long after fruit are set. this year after i harvested the nectarines from my (volunteer) tree it rebloomed during a warm spell after the first cool (wet? i don't recall) spell and now (losing its leaves) has unripe fruit.
ellen