nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Rose hip exploring

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Rose hip exploring
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:33:07 -0800

There must be quite a bit of variabilty, as I have a lot of rosa rugosa rubra + alba (from Bear Creek) & the one's that don't have the gall which mummifies the fruit have always been very productive. As well as fresh use, we dry them & make jelly. If I could figure out an easy way to cut the diseased ones to the ground, I bet the gall would disappear when they grow back.

mIEKAL