nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Organic Apple Question....

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Organic Apple Question....
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:20:39 -0800

I don't know what the answer is.
But some of my apples have no worm holes at all.
Some varieties are eaten all up inside, even though they look good on the outside.
There must be some varities the moth likes better than others.
Fot instance a few Mutsu had severe holes but the majority had none at all.
Macfree had very little damage at all, maybe one out of a hundred.
Macoun was similar.
Gravenstein and Summerred had little damage.
One variety I lost track of that is red striped had a lot of damage.
I will check next year more closely.
Sam