nafex - [NAFEX] Organic Apple Question....

  • From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Organic Apple Question....
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:48:07 -0800 (PST)

     I frequently read about organic apple orchards and wonder how they keep the Apple Maggots and Plum Curcullio in check.  I've tried hanging bottles of apple juice, cider vinegar, and, another time, apple juice with mother-of-vinegar in each.  A few bottles, alot of bottles, I catch alot of bugs but the nasties still render the fruit inedible.  I'd like to hear from those of you who've figured out a solution.
Thanks,
Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN

Do you Yahoo!?