nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pistachio

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pistachio
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:16:24 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Pistachio
Pistachio has to have a hot, dry summer and a cool, dry winter.  I've seen them planted in the Willamette Valley in Oregon and they grew about a half inch per year.  It took until mid summer before it got warm enough for them to grow out of the disease caused by the cool, wet spring.  I seriously doubt you would be able to grow them in Ashland unless you put them in a dehumidified greenhouse.
-Lon Rombough