nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pistachio

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pistachio
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:31:57 -0800 (PST)

Here we get 19" a year, half the rainfall of the
Willamette Valley - but it does also come mainly as
winter drizzle. And we have significantly hotter,
sunnier summers than Portland (where I lived for
many years). That's the reason I think I might
manage pistachio, though it's still certainly
marginal at best. But all moot since I can't find
any...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
Zone 7 1800'