nafex - [NAFEX] beechnuts

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] beechnuts
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:05:54 -0800

I have posted a few questions about beechnuts this year. Thanks to some
tips that NAFEX members shared with me, I located some trees in my
neighborhood that were loaded with beechnuts this fall. I took some
pictures over a month ago of these nuts. Here is a link to one of these
photos.
http://mysite.verizon.net/piper33/beechnuts.jpg
As you can see in the picture, beechnuts are not big. I would compare them
in size to small pinenuts. They are very bland and loaded with oil.
Roasting them makes them an interesting nibble. I know this is old news to
many of you, but I thought some new fruit explorers would find this
information useful.
-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 7B/8A