nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy

  • From: JRobbFarm@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:12:12 EDT

We have encouraged Autumn olives on our farm, and I have long rows of them
on the edge of my biggest field. Walking by them when they are in bloom is
an
incredible experience, the fragrance is almost palpable. Song birds and
deer
both love the fruit. They are hardy and very easy to prune into hedges or as
one writer suggests, into a forest. I did not know they were allelopathic,
still, they are worth having.
Jeff Robbins
taking a break from harvesting apples...
zone 7, Ohio River Valley