nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:37:41 -0700

Im planting many different species under my buartnut, carpathian walnuts & black walnuts such as hazelnuts, filberts, gooseberries, comfrey, black cohosh, elderberries, ninebark, wild grapes, groundnut, ginseng & more. I bet one can discover many species which would guild with Autumn Olive. Ive even got my seabuckthorn (elaeagnaceae) thicket planted in the sun side of some walnuts.

mIEKAL

4 days straight of 25 - 28 degrees. Last year my first hard frost was Oct 10. This year Sept 25.