nafex - Re: [NAFEX] raspberry trial report - Autumn Bliss

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] raspberry trial report - Autumn Bliss
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 13:22:29 +0000

I wonder if Autumn Bliss could have been wrongly labelled. It came in one of those boxes with 2 plants for about $9. Can one trust fruit plant boxing companies?

Hmmmm, and all this time I thought MegaCorp really cared...........
Actually, I had inadvertantly left Royalty off of my order of plants (from a real company) so, I too, bought 4 for $9 on sale in a pasteboard carton at a local BigBox.......they actually did turn out to be Royalty! though sickly. Taste was fine on the few berries they produced this autumn. I really have no idea why you got a ripe yet sour berry.
I did a quick search off the web and came up with this pic of fairly ripe autumn bliss berries, though, I like to wait till I see just a bit of white showing. I would think you could try Autumn Britton, which I understand is not suited to my climate, but rates very well. www.hummel-erdbeeren.de/images/Himbeeren/99_AutumnBliss.jpg

One other possibility is the youth of the plant. It was planted in March, and may not have built up enough strength to fruit deliciously. Does that make a difference?

Diane

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com