nafex - Re: [NAFEX] raspberry trial report - Autumn Bliss

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] raspberry trial report - Autumn Bliss
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:10:28 +0000

Diane, soft and dark sounds like a ripe berry, I would add also one that is already seperating from the .....drat, forgot the name of the white inner part of a berry..... I have never tasted a sour one, except one so light pink and stuck on I had to yank to get it off. We get them ripening just fine with 50F day and 35F nights. Nothing is more subjsective than taste, but I compare all my other berries as 'having to match up to autumn bliss taste'. I wonder if you actually got autumn bliss, or if a bug had deposited something on it, or??? Del

Del said that Autumn Bliss raspberry was a real treat.

I planted Autumn Bliss last spring and was not expecting any fruit this year. However, one has a few large, dark red raspberries. I cut the softest, darkest one so everyone could sample it. Sour! I have never tasted a sour raspberry before, so it was a surprise.

Does Autumn Bliss require warm conditions to sweeten? It was 30 C a few days ago, but is now 20, with 10 at night. Even in midsummer, we always have cool nights.

--
Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com