nafex - [NAFEX] apples are now sold by variety name (sort of)

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: Apple-Crop <apple-crop@virtualorchard.net>, NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apples are now sold by variety name (sort of)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:02:15 -0400

I went to the supermarket the other day and saw a big bin in the "seasonal produce" section prominently labeled "McIntosh Apples". It was full of nice, unusually large mac-like apples. Clearly this season's fruit. "Gee", I thought, "I didn't realize the macs were in, yet." Then I looked more closely. Every apple bore a little sticker stating "Paula Red".

I bought a few. They were very good, and did taste a lot like macs.

Ginda Fisher