nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasp

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasp
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:25:25 -0500

At 07:11 PM 8/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:
What is the best after care for a sting?

Maybe Doc L. will weigh on on this one.
Back in my youth, if you got stung by a wasp(I don't recall ever being stung by a honeybee or bumblebee until I was an adult), you either slapped a moist wad of chewing tobacco on it, or dismantled a cigarette(most adults had 'em, back in those days), moistened it, and plastered it over the sting. Don't know what, if anything that did.
Of course, if my mom was the one doing the 'doctoring', you got a plaster of moistened baking soda, since she was not a tobacco user.

Lucky