nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasp

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: hornets and wasp
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:11:32 -0400

Hello,

A "sting" has to be very personal. As individual a response as there are
variations in our immune
response, combined with pain thresholds.

My last yellow jacket sting gave a burning sensation when I got it, but the
worst part was the itch
that followed. I have had my share of itchiness (poison ivy, etc.) and none
compared to that last
sting on my ankle. I do not recall yellow jacket stings being itchy in my
youth, but I am older,
and our bodies change.

When I was a boy, the doctor said to make a paste of baking soda. Today
"After-Bite" is really
just ammonia.

What is the best after care for a sting?

Later,
Tom