nafex - Re: [NAFEX] garden disappointments/rewards

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] garden disappointments/rewards
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:38:39 -0500

My Kieffer pear (which I got from walmart years ago) bears heavily every other year & luckily this is a heavy one. They dont ripen on the tree here so I pick them during right after the first mild frost & put them in a brown bag. Usually in 10 days or so they are ready to eat. Also my Kieffers produce a very thick bitter skin, so I tend to peel them in order to eat them. mIEKAL