nafex - Re: [NAFEX] garden disappointments/rewards

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] garden disappointments/rewards
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:54:27 -0500

Im in southwest WI & had winter kill on very specific plants. Im growing maybe 15 varieties of grapes & only the St Croix winterkilled. Ive a several varieties of bush cherry including a lot of nankings & only the korean bush cherries winter-killed. & I had put in 6 year old PA Golden Paw Paws from John Gordon last year & I figured they were dead. All of them seem to be sprouting back vigorously from the roots meaning they made it thru a week of 20-25 below this winter.

mIEKAL

& a bit off topic but the ground nut that I got from from a ground nut breeding project if finally taking off, enough so that I'll probably harvest some this year & actually get a taste of it.