nafex - [NAFEX] chill-hour requirements for edible crabs

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] chill-hour requirements for edible crabs
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:46:00 -0500

I"m trying to round up some info for someone in zone 8 Texas, as to which edible crabs might work for them.

I suspect that 'Callaway', which is really more of an ornamental type, but produces sizeable tasty fruits would work for him, but if he can also grow some of the better ones, such as Chestnut, Wickson, Centennial, Kerr, etc.

Does anyone on the list know, or have access to a table listing the approximate chill requirements for any of the above?

Thanks,

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY