nafex - [NAFEX] Che comments

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Che comments
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:20:39 -0400

Have observed similar to below; fruit sets and grows on juvenile tree or
suckers, then falls off for 1-2 years before bearing heavily, regularly
thereafter.
If I recall correctly, certain young mulberries (same family-Moraceae)
can switch with age from all male to female or perfect flowers, which look
similar at a distance.
Che gets my vote as a carefree, dependable fruit in humid climes.
Richard Moyer
Zone 6, East Tenn
4