nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chilean Guava

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chilean Guava
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:01:15 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Chilean Guava
We really need more people from the California Rare Fruit Growers on this list.  They work with Chilean Guava (among a LOT of other tropical and subtropical fruits) all the time.   You can at least go have a look at their site, http://www.crfg.org for a list of people to ask.  And I have to admit that they produce a much flashier magazine than POMONA.  The latest issue contains the result of their yearly photo shoot and it's worthy of a good calendar, at least.
-Lon Rombough

Hello
Has anyone tried the Chilean Guava....Myrtus ugni.sp???
It looks interesting, but have no idea how it fruits, availability or taste. Think it will make it ok here in zone 8b in Louisiana.
Thanks, Pete