nafex - Re: [NAFEX] T-budding Mulberry and Bleeding

  • From: hector black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] T-budding Mulberry and Bleeding
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:07:56 -0700

We've generally whip and tongue grafted mulberry, pencil size or larger.
Bench grafting has worked fine - done in winter, trees buried in sawdust
until the buds on the scion start to push, then set out in nursery beds..
This is grafting cultivars like Illinois Everbearing to white mulberry.
Hector Black, zone 6 middle TN