nafex - [NAFEX] T-budding Mulberry and Bleeding

  • From: "William A. Grimes" <wagrimes@sonic.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] T-budding Mulberry and Bleeding
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:32:25 -0700

Melanie from New Zealand asked CRFG the following (implied) question:

I have tried summer T budding with limited success as bleeding of M. alba
forces bud off. As we are in mid winter now, I was going to try bench
grafting some 1 year alba stock and get some callusing under way before
planting out this spring.

I do not have any experience with mulberry and was hoping one of you might be able to address the problem of budding mulberry and bleeding.

Bill Grimes
Golden Gate Chapter, CRFG
golden_gate@crfg.org

Why not become a member? See http://www.crfg.org to find out how.