nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Edible Honeysuckle Info

  • From: Console G4 <tfnews@gate.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Edible Honeysuckle Info
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:03:41 -0500

Will any of these grow in Florida, Zones 9 or 10? There are some Honeysuckles grown here but I'm not positive of their ID.

Best of growing,

Bob
SW Florida

snip
Message: 1
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:16:00 -0500
From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucehansen@acd.net>
To: "hector black" <hblack@twlakes.net>, "North American Fruit
Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

I have three different varietals from OGW. They have fruited and I found the
fruit quite tasty, although I do not think it tastes like a blueberry. They
did not fruit last year due to a horrific last frost and the droubt. If I
get another taste this spring I will give a holler.

Bruce z5 MI